Assessment and treatment prior to surgery play an important role in managing the following criteria:
- Improve range of motion and strength of the injured area.
- Prevent compensatory stresses to other areas of the body.
- A customized home program to facilitate overall conditioning, a faster rate of recovery and to minimize possible complications post-surgery.
- Regain full function as well as a progressive safe return to work, sport and recreational activities.
At Allied Physiotherapy Health Group we treat a wide range of post-operative conditions:
- Open reduction and internal fixation (plates & screws)
- Anterior Cruciate reconstruction of the knee
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist/Hip/Knee and Ankle
- Total/Partial Hip & Knee Joint Replacements
- Surgical Repair of Dislocations & Fractures
- Spinal Surgery i.e. Discectomy, Laminectomy and Fusion
The aim of treatment postoperatively is to decrease pain/swelling, promote healing as well as to regain mobility, strength, balance and maximal function of the joint and associated structures.
Looking for pre and post-surgical rehabilitation in Richmond, BC?
Our experienced team at Richmond Blundell Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic can help you prepare for surgery and address a wide range of post-operative conditions. Give us a call or book an online appointment now.