PRE AND POST SURGICAL REHABILITATION
Assessment and treatment prior to surgery plays an important role in managing the following criteria:
- Improve range of motion and strength of the injured area.
- Prevent compensatory stresses to other areas of the body.
- A customized home program to facilitate overall conditioning, a faster rate of recovery and to minimize possible complications post surgery.
- Regain full function as well as a progressive safe return to work, sport and recreational activities
At Richmond Blundell Physiotherapy we treat a wide range of post operative conditions:
- Open reduction and internal fixation (plates & screws)
- Anterior Cruciate reconstruction of the knee
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist/Hip/Knee and Ankle
- Total/Partial Hip & Knee Joint Replacements
- Surgical Repair of Dislocations & Fractures
- Spinal Surgery i.e. Discectomy, Laminectomy and Fusion
The aim of treatment post operatively is to decrease pain/swelling, promote healing as well as to regain mobility, strength, balance and maximal function of the joint and associated structures.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.