Massage Therapy focuses primarily on restoring muscles to optimal length, strength and balance. Whether the cause of the pain is primarily muscular or a secondary reaction to a trauma, muscles will react to protect and guard the affected area. By reducing muscle pain, we allow the body to relax and recuperate.
Common techniques used by our registered massage therapists are deep tissue massage, cross fibre massage, myofascial/trigger point release, muscle attachment release, stretch massage, neuromuscular therapy and craniosacral therapy. These forms of massage therapy can be applied through clothing or over bare skin using a lotion.
What are the benefits of Massage Therapy?
Using touch to increase the circulation to the affected area while also addressing other involved parts of the body, has far reaching benefits that include:
- Relief of pain, tension and muscle spasm
- Increased ease of movement
- Restore previous level of activity
- Improved sense of vitality and well being.
Common conditions treated with Massage Therapy:
- Whiplash Associated Disorders due to motor vehicle accidents
- Neck strains and low back strains (including sciatic pain)
- Muscle spasms, stiffness and pain
- Sport Injuries e.g hamsting/calf strains
- Rotator cuff strains, tennis elbow and golfers elbow.
Our Massage Therapists will be happy to assist you in restoring optimal health, full range and function.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.